Monday, April 7, 2014

A HAUNTING?

     It was St Louis in the very early 1970's.  I was 6 or 7 years old.   Strange things were happening.  

     I have already told you a little about our house in St Louis,  We Lived in the second floor and rented the first floor out.  Just after we moved in my mother converted the attic to a "play room".  When we took over the house there was some left over "trash' or junk left in the attic.  My step father was working 2 full time jobs and my mother was busy setting up the rest of the house so it was some time before they cleaned out the attic.    The first time I went in the attic I made an "imaginary" friend.  Before that house I had never had an imaginary friend, but my mother came into the attic to see who I was talking to.  

The little blond haired girl in the attic

     I was just talking away and my mother came to see just who I was talking to.  She found me in the attic playing with my toy cars and talking to thin air.  I don't remember what I was saying.  I do remember asking and ANSWERING questions.  When I found out my mother could not see my new friend I was confused, I COULD.  My mother was convinced that I had made up an imaginary friend to deal with the loss of friends that moving causes, but to me this little girl was just as real as you or me.  Some time later as we were cleaning the attic I found an old picture, possibly a school picture of the little girl.  My mother read the date on the back of the picture and was surprised at how old it was.  My "imaginary" friend looked exactly like the girl in that old picture.  My mother thought I must have found the picture earlier and made my friend look like the girl, but I don't think that was the case.

The strangest part of the story is that after I found that picture I NEVER SAW OR SPOKE TO HER AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment