Sunday, April 6, 2014

ARE GHOSTS REAL?



     In the early 1970's my family moved into a three story house in a working class neighborhood in St Louis Missouri.  It was my mother, sister, step-father,  and me. Being a large house and needing the money, my folks rented the first floor out and we lived on the second and third floors.  The house also had a basement which was very handy in the mid west when tornado season came around.

     It was in this house and neighborhood that I first became aware of the Supernatural.  Bear in mind I was only six or seven years old at the time and had not been exposed to scary movies or even the odd ghost story told around the campfire. In other words, I had no preconceived notions of ghosts or hauntings. 

Phantom Footsteps

     The first thing I remember happening was hearing some one walk down the hall in what sounded like heavy boots.  I was very happy to hear this as the only person I knew who wore boots was my mothers brother, Uncle Bob and if he was here so were my cousins!!  I got out of bed and ran to my parents room only to find them deep asleep and they told me that No one was coming to visit.  Disappointed and wide awake I went back to the room I shared with my infant sister.

     As I lay there trying to go back to sleep, I heard the footsteps AGAIN.  They started at the kitchen and came all the way down the hall,they paused outside the door then came in the room.  They went to my sisters crib and turned towards my bed.....the light from the hall shone into the room and NO ONE was there.  I began yelling for my folks and they came into the room.  They searched the house and found no one but us in the house at the time.  Needless to say, we all slept together in the living room.   

No comments:

Post a Comment